Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tamarind BBQ Tempeh & Sweet Potatoes


So I was looking through one of my friend’s blog (cameraphonevegan) yesterday and I saw she made a recipe from a book I actually got for Christmas, Appetite for reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz… I had it on my Amazon wish list. So I thought I would try it.


















I went to Nutrition S’mart  after work and couldn’t for the life of me find Tamarind so I asked one of the guys that worked there and they didn’t have it :/ so knowing I needed it for the BBQ sauce and knowing most of the ingredients that was in the sauce I went and searched the BBQ sauce they had. I just happened to find one that had most of the same ingredients missing a few but close enough



















 I also made the recipe smaller because it’s only Luke and I and we still have leftovers.

So the recipe is as follows with my changes:
1 package of tempeh cut up in ¾-inch squares
1 large sweet potato peeled and cut up in ¾-inch squares

Preheat over to 400 degrees

Put the Tempeh and sweet potatoes in a 9 by 13 inch casserole pan that I sprayed with a little non stick cooking spray.
Pour about 1 cup of the BBQ sauce over everything with ¼ a cup of water.
Mixed everything up and covered with foil.
Bake for 25 min















For the sides I roasted some green beans in a little bit of olive oil and Cajun seasoning (which I put way to much on them…They were a little to Spicy!!!!) Roasted in the oven for 15 min at 400 degrees… We also had the rest of the brown rice and vegan red beans from last nights dinner… 














Yum!!!! 
 If I find Tamarind next time I will try to make the real recipe…

Oh and to drink with my dinner:







1 comment:

  1. I got mine at whole foods. I had to ask. It was in the indian section! you should totally make it. it beats bottled sauce. <3 Ty

    ReplyDelete