Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Taco's My Way

See I do eat meat on occasion lol... I love this recipe and think I will have to make it again soon. I don't have a picture of them right now but when I make it again I will for take a pic or two.

Tacos My Way...(this makes a lot)

1 lb of ground round (drained and rinsed with hot water once cooked)
2 small sweet potatoes
1 can of low sodium or no sodium black beans (drained and rinsed with hot water)
1 package of taco seasoning (i used Nueva Cocina Taco Fresco it has less sodium then most taco seasoning)
1 4.5oz can of Old el Paso Green Chiles
1 Package of white or yellow corn tortillas
1 Table spoon of Mrs. Dash extra spicy seasoning (optional)

Peel and cut Sweet potatoes put in a pot with enough water to cover them and cook till soft.
Brown meat in a good size frying pan, once the meat is brown drain in a colander that has small holes and run hot water over the meat to get out as much fat and grease that u can. Wipe out your frying pan with a paper towel then return meat to pan... Drain and rinse the black beans add to meat. Add the chilies and the taco seasoning. Stir... Drain the sweet potatoes and then mash them. Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the meat and bean mixture and mix.. U can add the spicy Mrs. Dash now if you like I like mine spicy...
Heat a the corn tortilla in a non stick frying pan to make soft, put some of the meat and sweet potato mixture in the center and fold like a taco...

You can add Salsa if you like or I like to use non fat PLAIN yogurt in place of Sour cream and a little bit of Salsa.. We also sprinkled a little bit of soy cheese on top of ours...

I usually have enough left over that I can make Enchiladas with later in the week .

No comments:

Post a Comment