Monday, September 12, 2011

Black Bean Tofu


Black Bean Tofu

So after I poster the Black Bean dip recipe yesterday a friend of mine Eleana asked if I have ever made black bean sauce and I replied no but I would love the recipe. So she sent me a message via FB and gave me the link for the original recipe, which calls for chicken. I of course changed it a little and used up some baked tofu I had in the fridge. 
 I also took Elenan advice and used a little bit more garlic, ginger and canned beans. 

Made it early for Luke, He's going to a friends house to watch the Dolphin Game

Here is the original recipe: BLACK BEAN CHICKEN

And this is what I did:

BLACK BEAN TOFU:
½ a block of Baked Tofu**** See note
1 can of low sodium black beans (do not drain)
5 garlic cloves
3 slices ginger
5 baby Portabella Mushrooms sliced or chopped
½ cup of broccoli florets
1 tsp. Braggs Amino Acids
1/2 tsp. cooking wine
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. Agave nectar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 scallion

1. Cut the tofu into 1-inch pieces. Mix the tofu with sesame oil, wine, soy sauce, Agave nectar, cornstarch and mix all together. Let sit while you cut up the Garlic, scallions and ginger.

2. Chop the garlic, ginger and scallions into tiny pieces. Fry them with a little oil. 

3. Add the black beans and liquid, mush them up a little with a fork or potato masher. Heat 

4.  Add the mushrooms and broccoli florets heat on med for 5 min

5. Add the tofu and sauce cook till heated and veggies are cooked like you like them. 

6.  If you like you can add some Chinese Chili Sauce to add a little heat.

7. Serve over Brown rice. 

8. Enjoy


****Note: Baked Tofu, I usually do this once I have a block of tofu so I can add it to a bunch of things.

 Recipe Here: BAKED TOFU

No comments:

Post a Comment