Thursday, April 28, 2011

Two recipes in one Post!



 The other day I decided to make my friends "meatloaf" (Ty author of the cameraphonevegan blog) Ty’s TVP “meatloaf” and yummy! Here it the recipe. It’s really good but to warn meat eaters it’s not like eating the real thing. The texture is the same but not sure most true meat eaters will like it. On a good note tho, the hubby liked it, but he has gotten use to eating vegan and or vegetarian a lot.  Here is a picture of it from last night with half a sweet potato and corn on the cob… 

 Tonight the Hubby has gone over to his Dad’s to watch the NFL draft and for those who know me, know my take on football… UGH!... So I went to the bookstore and bought two new cookbooks Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance. Can’t wait to sit down and look them over tonight. 
Since I came home a little late I decided to use a portabella mushroom that I had and make portabella mushroom tacos for dinner. Super easy!
I made enough for just me so make more depending on who's eating
1 portabellla mushroom
¼ onion cut up
½ cup of Braggs amino acid
1 tablespoon of olive oil
¼ of Balsamic vinegar
2 corn tortillas
Some vegan sour cream
Salsa of choice and hot sauce to taste
Whatever other toppings u may like
Take the mushroom clean it and remove the gills. Marinate it in the braggs amino acid, oil and balsamic vinegar for about 10 to 20 min.
Once done marinating cut up however you like
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for a few minutes on med then add the mushroom. Cook for about 3 to 4 min more, remove from heat and set aside.
Heat up your tortillas, once warm add the vegan sour cream and salsa and then the mushrooms and onions. Add what ever else you like. I added some cabbage and hot sauce. Yum.
Had just enough to make two for myself... 
 

1 comment:

  1. hey honey! how are you liking the veganomicon?

    <3 Ty

    ReplyDelete