Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Garlicky Greens

Garlicky Greens

1 lb of greens
(I used a combo of Kale and Swiss chard from my garden. I also added some spinach in there)
4 table spoons of water
3 garlic cloves lightly crushed
½ of a lemon’s juice

            
         (My Kale Plant)                                         (My Swiss Chard Plant)

Wash your greens really well and put them I a salad spinner to get all the access water out.
If you are using Kale it takes longer to steam so separate it from the other greens.
Put the water in a large sauce pan and heat. Add the garlic and heat on low sautéing for about 2 min.
Add kale if using and cover let it steam for about 5 min check it. If needs longer keep steaming it. Add the spinach and Swiss chard (they wilt quick so put them in when the kale is almost done) don’t over steam the greens you still want them a little firm.
Once done drain what ever water is left and add the lemon juice a little bit at a time to your taste preference.

For the roasted veggies I just cut up some fresh green beans, onion and bell pepper sprayed with a little olive oil and seasoning (use what u like) and roasted in the oven at 400 for about 12 mins.

I added the roasted veggies to the greens for a yummy side to my Bean Burger and Chipotle Smashed sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment